Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ergonova review part 2.

Continued from earlier... After installing my new bars I wrapped them in my usual choice of Fizik microtex with the bar-gel pads. This improves ALL bars by giving a nice soft feel to the tops and more importantly allows you to smooth the transition between the brake hood and the top of the bar into a nice platform for the hands.

The next day I was finally able to get out onto my new bike and test things out. Ten minutes into the ride I knew I made the right choice. The ergonomics of the bar were perfect. No matter where my hands were perched they felt evenly supported and comfortable. From climbing to sprinting... or just relaxing on the tops things felt juuuust right.

3ttop

The benefits semi-ergo design of this bar is most noticeable when riding in the drops. Unlike round bend or traditional ergonomic bars I am given a several positions in the drops that I can utilize for different moments during my ride.

I can can easily slide my hands from deep in the drop when I want to shift or brake...

3tdrop1

...to further down towards the tip of the bar when sprinting or big-ringing it up the short hills that Richmond is known for.

3tdrop2

No comments: