Sunday, May 3, 2009

Two for the want list (part 2 of 2)

the_hive_chub_geared

New crank? Check. Now what about that cheap Formula back hub?

The designers over at The Hive have me covered there as well. I picked up one of the Chub Hubs for my Brooklyn Machine Works fixed gear a while back. I really wanted to set one up on my singlespeed as well but I have never been much for freewheels. As if they could read my mind The Hive are coming out with a version of their hub that uses a VERY nice cassette interface as well as standard 6 bolt disc mounts. Their clever design bonds alloy flanges to a hugely over-sized thin-wall carbon center section for rigidity. The cross country version of the rear hub should come in at a very competitive sub 300 gram weight.

Unfortunately I have to wait until December for this one. But that's OK. One step at a time.

No comments: