Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New blog...

No big deal. Something to keep up with what happens to be happening...

As of right now:
Collar bone still broken-starting to mend. It doesn't hurt all the time any more but it will still be weeks before it's done healing. I tried an exercise a friend suggested where you put the fingertips of the bad arm on the wall in front of you. Start walking them up the wall. I did not get very far. I take things for granted. At least I can take my arm out of the sling for fairly long periods of time.
Still bummed out about the timing. Not that I'm a bad ass by any stretch of the imagination but for the first time all summer I was feeling really good on the bike. Last lap I go down at 30+ miles per hour. Trip to the emergency room with no insurance. Great times.

Not being able to ride is a dangerous thing. It gets me thinking even more about nerdy bike shit. Instead of just riding my bike I think about building new ones or at least switching out parts. Bad ideas all of them... don't tell Sarah. She knows I'm hopeless. Ebay only makes this worse. I don't want to jinx it but there is a certain something on there right now that I would love to add to my collection. Like I said... bad ideas all of them.

Time not being able to even write or type seems to be a great source of inspiration. Now that I can actually move a pencil and keyboard I'm hoping I will stay motivated. Painting has been pretty sparse this year. I keep making the excuse of being too busy with work, riding, putting on races, blah blah whatever... but I still make time to watch whatever movie netflix sends me. Giving up regular TV made life easier but I still never seem to have enough time.

No comments: