Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm such a dork...


I can't get enough dorky Asian Otaku stuff weather it be Japanese or Chinese. Case in point...
the Fuwa were designed by the Chinese artist Han Meilin. I have to admit I would not mind having this particular one on a t-shirt.


In other news... a product review! Stupid!

What is Ultram ER you ask. Well let me tell you. By now I am sure that all my whining and complaining has alerted you to the fact that I have a broken clavicle. This is not a particularly fun injury to have. I have been pretty lucky so far and only have two other broken bones to my name and both were extremely minor. This one... well it sucks. Not so much the pain in the break but the intense pain of a bursitis forming in my shoulder from the strange angle that I have to hold my arm in a sling. Lucky for me I have a great doc. Doctor Matt Marchal of Altius Family and Sports Medicine is a fellow cyclist and all around good guy. I'm lucky to be able to consider this guy a friend. So to help out he gave me some samples of Ultram ER. After being pumped full of morphine at the ER which made me feel absolutely disgusting and being prescribed Hydrocodn/apap which has just enough narcotics to make you feel just a wee bit off I was not looking forward to any more pills. This stuff however is the shit. Takes the edge off the pain all day and from what I can tell has none of the typical side effects associated with prescription pain killers. Basically I feel like I am on some bad ass asprin. Good times.

Speaking of Dr. Matt I should mention that his practice has donated $500 to the race this weekend. Awesome. If you are cyclist in Richmond and this guy is NOT your doc you are doing something wrong.

No comments: