Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ouch...

So after two weeks of progress my shoulder and collar bone have decided to start hurting like hell at random times throughout the day. First the bone hurts so I put my arm back in the sling. All is well for a while. Then without warning it feels like someone is putting a knife into the back of my shoulder. Arm comes out of the sling. All is well for a while. Bone starts to hurt... repeat ad nauseum. Good times.

This week has been up and down. There was an amazing steel Look track frame on ebay in my size. I decided I wanted to buy it. I had the money (kindof... I had it yes... but should I spend it? Probably not). So with 5 minutes to go I am sitting in front of a computer waiting to swoop in for the kill. I was willing to go $800 on it and the bid was sitting at about $500. Well to kill a few seconds while waiting for a minute to go I start reading a certain someones blog. When I go back to ebay and hit refresh I missed the auction end? WTF? Am I an idiot? Yes. Is it all for the best because I should not be spending hundreds of dollars on a track frame when I am trying to buy a house? Double yes. I still want to punch myself in the head every time I think about it though. Of all the track bikes made in the 1990's there are three that I have always wanted. The Look probably being at the top of the list.
The second is an early 90's Cannondale. I actually had one just like the one to the left. Like a complete moron I decided one day I wanted to sell it to buy a lugged steel frame. Few decisions in my life do I regret more. I sold it to my friend Billy who I am quite sure will keep it until it breaks as I should have. This bike defined early 90's track frames in my opinion. Super stiff, great handling, good looks. Why did I sell it? Because I am an idiot. The last of the three on the want list is just a lowly black GT Pulse (or even a GT-B. I have a soft spot for the triple triangle design even though they are not particularly nice bikes. Oh well... maybe next time. Maybe never.

The high point of this week has been the discovery of a nice plug-in for Mozilla Firefox. Nerdy I assure you but there is something called adblock with out the line of pictures and links to stupid shit you don't want going down the right hand of the screen. that allows you to disable many of the little advertisements that are on your screen when you go to certain webpages. I am not talking popups. Firefox already takes care of those. But go to bikeforums. Now imagine that webpageAdblock makes that stuff go away. It takes a couple minutes to set up for each website you go to but I seem to frequent the same few webpages the most and its nice not to have those all crowded with ads. It works especially well on myspace and gets ride of those pesky movie ads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard lots or stories about the C'dale frames failing prematurely. Since I bought it from you I have raced it, ridden it everyday to work, and crashed it, and it still is straight as an arrow(save for a new bent fork that I some how was able to replace with an original). Someday I'll let it go, I feel like it's the type of bike that needs to keep circulating. I'd never ask for more than I paid though, that's just rude.

P.S. I went to a lugged steel frame after riding the Cannondale, and it was a joke. The frame was actually twice as heavy(Reynolds 531) and not even close to as stiff.

Gera said...

look frame = classic bike
Braden = classic cyclist