Thursday, December 25, 2008

83

Woke up early after staying up until about 1 with the family playing Memory Madness. Opened up presents (work boots! drill! sweet!). The plan was to do about 50 or so miles of riding today down to Quantico Marine Base then back up and around Nokesville. I first did this ride about a year after I got into road riding. I ended up adding on more small loops until I got to about 75 miles, which was at the time the longest ride I had done yet. I rarely get to ride up in Nokeville and it's a shame. The roads are as empty as the east end of Richmond and the terrain is just a bit flatter than the Ashland area. Perfect area for a relaxing ride.

After a big breakfast of home made waffles, fried apples, and scrapple I contracted a case of the itis and took a nap. We planned to ride at noon. We actually got rolling after 2. A 3+ hour ride was out of the question with the amount of daylight so we settled on 25 miles of rolling country roads around Nokesville. Perfect pace for a holiday ride. Back at the parent's house wearing compression socks and waiting the for the seafood stew to be completed.

Tonight it's back to RVA to feed the cats and so Sarah can work at 8 tomorrow. For me it's a nice day off and trip up to Poorfarm park with some of the CBC dudes for some mountain biking.

No comments: