Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BWM + cross tires + drop bars = ???

Most fun fixed bike ever.

So I have been kicking around the idea of doing some grass track races here in Richmond this winter. In the summer I built up a completely over the top custom Brooklyn Gangsta Track for the pure irony of it. Today I switched out the dorky risers, bmx stem, and road tires for some 700x30 Michelin Jet cross tires, some ergo drops, and an extra road stem I had lying around. Also geared it at 49x20. Riding to work this morning was the best commute in a while. Super smooth ride and chill gear is the best idea ever and the cross tires make it look kindof like a monster truck. I think I have a few friends considering getting steamrollers to do the same thing to. Fat tires are where it's at.

That's it...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your going to out grow it quick

Anonymous said...

* you're

Braden said...

Maybe. I got bored with the ironic bike project before it was even done. Now I actually enjoy riding this bike. If nothing else it has effectively replaced my other steel track that was assigned commuting duty.

Anonymous said...

it hasnt effectively replaced it until youve sold the olmo

Braden said...

I will never sell the Olmo on principle. It's the bike I have owned the longest and I just can't give it up. I'll just keep repainting it every couple years and continue loaning it out to people at the speedway.

Anonymous said...

better than selling